The Faith Witness
The online news and information magazine for alumni and friends of Faith
October 2013 Edition
BEGINNING OUR 93rd YEAR
This fall we began our 93rd year as an institution. As far as we can tell, Faith is the oldest fundamental Baptist Bible college in the country. God's hand of blessing on us in the past 92 years emboldens us to trust Him for the years ahead. In 2021, just a few short years from now, we plan to celebrate our 100th anniversary!
NEWS AT FAITH
• Two new full-tuition scholarships
• The Homegoing of Mrs. Gladys Gray and Dr. Arthur Walton
• The fall Bible Conference
• A regional youth conference
• MVP Weekend
• Festival of Carols
Past Bible Conference Recordings
We have inventoried our recordings of past Bible Conferences and discovered we are missing several years: 1974–1984, 1987, 1989–1991, and 1996. We would like to have a complete collection of these important meetings. If you have recordings of any of the Bible Conferences in these years, would you allow us to copy them? Also our chapel recordings before 1994 are sparse. Do you have any chapel recordings from that time period? Please contact us to let us know how you may be able to help.
The campus was busy this summer with several major improvements.
• Benson Hall renovation—We repainted the interior of Benson Hall, purchased new dining room tables and chairs, and reroofed the building.
• New sign on State Street—In mid-October we will replace our sign on State Street with a new digital sign that will help us better communicate Faith.
• Pond improvements—We dredged the pond and added fountains, a gazebo, picnic tables, a fire pit, grills, sod, and lighting. The pond is really now a park and is a destination for our students. We have named the new park Crown Park in honor of Tim Crown who served as dean of students from 1988 to 2008. We will have the formal naming ceremony later this month..
This fall Faith has the privilege of hosting two tournaments—the Midwest Christian College Conference men's soccer tournament (October 24–26) and the National Christian College Athletic Association DII men's and women's regional soccer tournaments (November 8–9). We are glad to welcome these athletes to our campus so they can see what God is doing here. And we will cheer for our Faith Eagles as they complete their seasons.
Reports We Love to Hear
"I have been in the banking industry for the past 9 years in the Ankeny area. I want you to know that the student body at FBBC has established a great reputation for work ethic, punctuality, attitude, and overall character. My bank president has also spoken highly of the students with whom he has interacted over his many years of banking in the Ankeny area."
Keep up with your classmates and friends. Also be sure to send us your updated information so we can include it on our Alumni page.
FAITH IN FOCUS
Faith students, faculty, and alumni are busy taking the Word to the World. Visit our Faith in Focus page to see who is featured this month.
• Giving to Faith—Please consider how you can help Faith financially.
• Update Your Info—Help us keep up with you and keep information flowing to you.
• Alumni Projects—Help us accomplish some needed projects.
• Memorial Gifts—We thank those who have given to Faith in memory of a loved one.
• Presidential Search—Please pray with us for the Lord's direction in the selection of a new president.
• Faith Eagles—Keep up with the Faith athletic teams.
• Seminary Modules—Find out what courses are available and which one could help you in your ministry.
Walton Lecture SeriesApril 23-25
Dr. Roy Beacham from Central Baptist Theological Seminary will present this year's Walton Lecture Series on the topic of "Those Pesky Prophets: Toward a Clearer Understanding of Old Testament Prophecy."
Commencement ServicesMay 8, 9
Join graduates, family, and friends for our special Commencement events.