The Faith Witness
The online news and information magazine for alumni and friends of Faith
August 2014 Edition
PREPARING FOR THE FALL SEMESTER
Excitement is running high as we prepare for our fall semester. Orientation takes place August 21–23, and classes begin on Monday, August 25. We do not know how many students will arrive until they actually show up, but it looks like we are still on pace to see a small increase over last fall's enrollment. Please pray with us that we may reach this goal. Here are some updated news items for this fall.
NEWS AT FAITH
• Dr. Keith Kobelia, a Faith grad, is returning to Faith to join the Bible and Theology faculty. Dr. Kobelia succeeds Dr. John Hartog II who has retired from college teaching. Dr. Kobelia shares Faith's doctrine, mission, philosophy, and values and has a heart for undergraduate education. He continues the long heritage of fundamental, Baptist, dispensational Bible and theology professors at Faith. Read his story here.
• Kenny and Allison Froment, Faith alums, will travel this year as Admissions Representatives for our school. You will see them in many churches and Christian schools across the country. Noah Kephart continues to travel for Faith, giving us good contacts with many high schoolers, parents, and pastors.
• The gift from the class of 2014 was a sand volleyball court in Crown Park. It will be ready for our Homecoming Weekend.
• Faith is initiating a new youth activity next February—Ministry in Focus. This weekend is designed for high schoolers who are considering full-time ministry. We want to do all we can to encourage students to consider the high calling of ministry. The dates are February 5-7. We will get more details to you later.
• Many churches contact Faith when they are looking for a pastor or assistant pastor. We are happy to help churches in their search for candidates by sending them some resumés. Right now we have more churches asking for resumés than people sending us resumés! If you are a recent college or seminary grad wanting to put out your name for ministry, send us your resumé. If you are currently in ministry but sensing the Lord may be changing your direction, we will be happy to receive your resumé as well. Send your resumé to
, the chair of our Pastoral Training Department, or fill out our online form.
• Make plans now to attend our 2014 Faith Homecoming on September 12 and 13. We have scheduled two days packed full of activities and events with many opportunities to reconnect with your classmates and friends. You will want to watch the ever-popular Ya Gotta Regatta boat race across the pond in our new Crown Park. In addition to our regular events, this year we have added a sand volleyball tournament and a women's alumni soccer game. Get all the details here.
• Faith is now offering online courses for high schoolers and seminary students. High schoolers can combine online classes with summer Jump Start classes to earn 18 credits before they even enter Faith. Seminarians can complete an M.A. degree with only module and online classes. Get the full details here.
• Note these three important events this fall: Impact Regional Youth Conference (Owatonna, Minn.), FaithFest, MVP Weekend. You can see that a lot goes on at Faith!
Keep up with your classmates and friends. Also be sure to send us your updated information so we can include it on our Alumni page.
FAITH IN FOCUS
Faith students, faculty, and alumni are busy taking the Word to the World. Visit our Faith in Focus page to see who is featured this month.
• Giving to Faith—Please consider how you can help Faith financially.
• Update Your Info—Help us keep up with you and keep information flowing to you.
• Alumni Projects—Help us accomplish some needed projects.
• Memorial Gifts—We thank those who have given to Faith in memory of a loved one.
• Presidential Search—Please pray with us for the Lord's direction in the selection of a new president.
• Faith Eagles—Keep up with the Faith athletic teams.
• Seminary Modules—Find out what courses are available and which one could help you in your ministry.
• High School Online Classes—Earn college credits even before coming to Faith.
• Seminary Online Classes—Start or complete your M.A. program at Faith.
Make plans to attend the premier youth group event this fall. Evangelistic emphasis so teens can bring their friends.
Handbell ConcertOctober 24
Join us for an enjoyable concert featuring the solo handbell artistry of Christine Anderson.
Fall Bible ConferenceNovember 3-7
Faith Board members and other personnel explore the theme For Our Admonition—Lessons from the Old Testament.
Impact Youth ConferenceNovember 8–Owatonna, Minnesota
Bring your teens to a full day of activities and spiritual challenge.