More Than a Number
Personal Attention at Faith
As I was entering my senior year in high school 15 years ago, I started to receive more and more phone calls from colleges. Some of them I had heard of, some I hadn't. Some were Christian, some were not. But most of them had one thing in common: the person on the other end of the line sounded a lot like a used car salesman and a bad one at that. I could almost picture them in a plaid sport coat with unmatched pants as they confidently shouted through the phone, "Has our college got a deal for you!" It seemed like they were very interested in me as a number to add to their incoming class but not as a person. The phone calls were pushy more than personal, and I just wasn't buying what they were selling.
Fast forward to the present and I find myself on the other end of the phone, directing the Admissions Department here at Faith. What are the odds? Rest assured we don't hire used car salesmen. We have student callers who are passionate about people and God and are genuinely interested in the person on the other end of the line or e-mail. We really do care about what God is doing in their lives and how He is leading them. We really do want to get to know you, your interests, and your hobbies. Most of all, we want to see Christ get the most out of their lives for His glory!
That's why we love what we do! It's exciting for us to talk to people from all over the world and see how God is working in their lives. Of course, it's a thrill for us as well to see students and parents we have gotten to know over the years arrive at Orientation Weekend and then see God use their experiences here to shape them into who He wants them to be.
Those we talk to on the phone and the students God leads here ARE MUCH MORE THAN NUMBERS, THEY ARE OPPORTUNITIES. Opportunities for us to personally invest in over the next four years of our lives. That's why I love what I do. It's not about the administrative work, the meetings, or the late nights. It's about the people–our students! It's the lunches, the Monday night football games, the visits in the office, serving side by side in our local churches, and cheering on our Faith Eagles. It's about the families and churches they represent and about seeing them leave here and go on to make an eternal difference in the lives of those they come into contact with.
So the next time you pick up the phone and it's a caller from Faith or see an e-mail from us in your inbox, don't worry! We are not trying to sell you a product or convince you that you have just fallen out of God's will if you don't immediately enroll here! We just simply want to let you know what God is doing here in Ankeny, Iowa, and let the Lord take it from there.
Hope to see you soon!
We are kicking off our school year by waiving the $45 application fee for fall 2014 applications! Click here to begin your application, and enter the waiver code FREEAPP on the payment page. This offer is good now until October 1.
We are so thankful for the students God has brought to campus this year. We look forward to getting to know you as we work through the application process with you!
Click here to begin an application and save $45!
Standing Apart from the Crowd
What Makes the Faith Experience So Unique?
As one of the oldest and most respected Bible colleges in the country, Faith endeavors to set the standard for academic excellence and practical ministry opportunities for its students. Here are a few examples:
More Exposure to the Bible
• Faith's four-year majors earn 42-46 hours of Bible credit, which is almost double that of some other Christian colleges. Every student earns a double major at Faith:a major in Bible and a major in his or her selected program.
• Our students study all ten doctrines over the course of two years as well as take a course in Systematic Theology (with internationally recognized professor Dr. Paul Hartog) or Senior Seminar (with theologian Dr. Alan Cole).
• Faith offers a complete Bible education. Our students take both Old and New Testament Survey as well as in-depth classes on several books of the Bible including Genesis, Matthew, Acts, and Romans.
• Our students leave Faith knowing how to study and apply God's Word to their lives. They learn these skills in the classroom, through their local churches, in the dorm, and in their interaction with our faculty and staff. There is no better place than Faith to cultivate these skills.
Real Life Ministry Opportunities
• Faith does not have a campus church, but rather we believe in and emphasize serving in local churches. Every Wednesday and Sunday our students are engaged in real life ministry in one of our 30 like-minded churches within a 30-mile radius of our campus.
• Faith sends teams of students to serve every summer in camps and churches across the nation. We also organize annual missions trips overseas.
• Faith provides several venues for our students to develop their leadership skills right here on campus by serving as resident advisors or class officers or by being involved in our Student Association, Student Missionary Fellowship, or one of our several other student led groups.
A Fully Accredited Experience
• Faith is FULLY accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and by the Association for Biblical Higher Learning. So Faith has achieved both national and regional accreditation. This accreditation means your degree holds the same academic integrity as a degree from universities like Harvard. It also means that if God would lead you on to another institution that has achieved full accreditation, many of your credits will transfer. Accreditation is especially important for education and nursing majors.
• Institutions accredited by TRACS and other accreditation bodies indicate those institutions' academic programs do not have the same overall recognized level of excellence.
• The classroom experience can make or break your college experience. At Faith the classroom experience is designed to be the highlight for our students. Many of our faculty members not only have earned doctorates, but they also have years of practical real life experience that brings the classroom to life.
Dynamic Campus Life
• Our Student Life Department has a well-balanced approach to expectations. The goal is to teach our students to develop Biblical discernment as they learn how to apply God's Word to their lives. Our desire is to teach our students how to live a Biblically balanced life in our world today.
• At Faith our Athletic Department has the mindset that athletics equals ministry. We strive to combine athletics and ministry in an effort to glorify God. This distinctive focus leads to excellence on and off the field. Students will have the opportunity to play competitively and use athletics as a means to minister and grow spiritually.
• We have a student body that genuinely wants to know God and is striving to love Him more. Our students have a heart for ministry and are actively serving on campus and within their local churches.
We would love to have you come and see this unique experience firsthand. Contact us to set up your visit anytime. Give us a call at 1.888.FAITH.4.U or register online at faith.edu/admissions/visit.
Chorale European TourMay 19–June 5
Follow the Faith Chorale on their European tour and pray for their ministry.
Faith Reception at GARBC ConferenceThursday, June 30
Connect with alumni and hear updates from Faith
Big events planned for the 2016 Homecoming! make plans now to return and be a part.
Faith Classic Golf TournamentFriday, September 16
New date for the golf tournament. Play a round of golf on a premier course and help raise money for Faith scholarships.
On Friday, May 6, President Tillotson was given an honorary doctorate by Bob Jones University. Read More
Dr. Robert Domokos, longtime professor of Pastoral Training and former president, retires after 44 years of effective ministry at Faith. Read More
Dr. David Boylan, science and math professor at Faith and former interim president, retires after a distinguished academic career. Read More
Dr. Ken Rathbun, a Faith grad and veteran missionary educator, appointed vice president for academic services and dean of the college. Read More
Dr. John Hartog II, longtime professor at Faith, recognized as an honorary alumnus by the Faith Alumni Association Read More
President Jim Tillotson and his wife, Joan, made honorary alumni by the Faith Alumni Association. Read More
Dr. Dean Taylor named the new professor of Pastoral Training succeeding the retiring Dr. Robert Domokos. Read More