Standing Apart from the Crowd
What Makes the Faith Experience So Unique?
As one of the oldest and most respected Bible colleges in the country, Faith endeavors to set the standard for academic excellence and practical ministry opportunities for its students. Here are a few examples:
More Exposure to the Bible
• Faith's four-year majors earn 42-46 hours of Bible credit, which is almost double that of some other Christian colleges. Every student earns a double major at Faith:a major in Bible and a major in his or her selected program.
• Our students study all ten doctrines over the course of two years as well as take a course in Systematic Theology (with internationally recognized professor Dr. Paul Hartog) or Senior Seminar (with theologian Dr. Alan Cole).
• Faith offers a complete Bible education. Our students take both Old and New Testament Survey as well as in-depth classes on several books of the Bible including Genesis, Matthew, Acts, and Romans.
• Our students leave Faith knowing how to study and apply God's Word to their lives. They learn these skills in the classroom, through their local churches, in the dorm, and in their interaction with our faculty and staff. There is no better place than Faith to cultivate these skills.
Real Life Ministry Opportunities
• Faith does not have a campus church, but rather we believe in and emphasize serving in local churches. Every Wednesday and Sunday our students are engaged in real life ministry in one of our 30 like-minded churches within a 30-mile radius of our campus.
• Faith sends teams of students to serve every summer in camps and churches across the nation. We also organize annual missions trips overseas.
• Faith provides several venues for our students to develop their leadership skills right here on campus by serving as resident advisors or class officers or by being involved in our Student Association, Student Missionary Fellowship, or one of our several other student led groups.
A Fully Accredited Experience
• Faith is FULLY accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and by the Association for Biblical Higher Learning. So Faith has achieved both national and regional accreditation. This accreditation means your degree holds the same academic integrity as a degree from universities like Harvard. It also means that if God would lead you on to another institution that has achieved full accreditation, many of your credits will transfer. Accreditation is especially important for education and nursing majors.
• Institutions accredited by TRACS and other accreditation bodies indicate those institutions' academic programs do not have the same overall recognized level of excellence.
• The classroom experience can make or break your college experience. At Faith the classroom experience is designed to be the highlight for our students. Many of our faculty members not only have earned doctorates, but they also have years of practical real life experience that brings the classroom to life.
Dynamic Campus Life
• Our Student Life Department has a well-balanced approach to expectations. The goal is to teach our students to develop Biblical discernment as they learn how to apply God's Word to their lives. Our desire is to teach our students how to live a Biblically balanced life in our world today.
• At Faith our Athletic Department has the mindset that athletics equals ministry. We strive to combine athletics and ministry in an effort to glorify God. This distinctive focus leads to excellence on and off the field. Students will have the opportunity to play competitively and use athletics as a means to minister and grow spiritually.
• We have a student body that genuinely wants to know God and is striving to love Him more. Our students have a heart for ministry and are actively serving on campus and within their local churches.
We would love to have you come and see this unique experience firsthand. Contact us to set up your visit anytime. Give us a call at 1.888.FAITH.4.U or register online at faith.edu/admissions/visit.
Students enrolling in fall 2015 may be eligible for a scholarship for up to full tuition for one or two years at Faith.*
1. Students in the Pastoral and Missions programs may be eligible for this scholarship for two years (first and third) at Faith.
2. Students who are the first to enroll at Faith from their church or Christian school may be eligible for this scholarship for one year at Faith.
• Be a full-time, on-campus students entering in fall 2015
• Have a 2.5 GPA and a 21 or higher ACT score (must maintain a 2.5 GPA to keep scholarship)
• Attend Scholarship Weekend and interview with the Admissions Department
• Deposit by August 15, 2015
Click here to begin your application for fall 2015. (Students can begin applying for fall 2015 on August 15, 2014.)
One of the most respected Bible colleges is also the most affordable!
For Pastoral and Missions Scholarship
1. Student must enroll in the Pastoral program (includes assistant pastor) or the four-year Missions program.
2. Student must have a recommendation form completed by a member of his/her local church recognizing God's call in his/her life into full-time ministry.
For Church Scholarship
1. Student must have been a member at his/her church for a minimum of two years.
2. Student must be the first student to enroll from his/her church (church must be in doctrinal agreement with Faith).
For Christian School Scholarship
1. Student must be the first student to enroll from his/her Christian school.
2. Student must have attended at least his/her senior year at a Christian school in doctrinal agreement with Faith.
*Award amounts shall be the difference between the tuition charged and all other federal, state, and institutional aid received.
Spring Chorale TourMarch 6–15
Attend one of the Chorale's concerts in Illinois, Indiana, and Missouri.
Spring Chorale ConcertMarch 20
Join us on the Faith campus for the annual spring Chorale concert.
Scholarship WeekendMarch 19-21
For seniors who have applied to Faith. Get to know Faith personnel and interview for substantial scholarships.
Faith Pulpit DayMarch 30
This years Faith Pulpit Day will explore exposition in preaching, in theology, and in counseling.
Student Leadership SummitApril 16-18
Evangelist Will Galkin and Dr. Paul Hartog will help teens confront their culture rather than conform to it.
Our search has been broad and effective as we have met with well qualified individuals. These contacts have developed increased support for the mission of FBBC&TS and also have enabled us to have a recognition of the dynamics which help direct our focus. Read More
Faith’s volleyball coach, Lanny Nihart, was recently honored for completing 30 years as our volleyball coach. Read More
Kevin England, a junior at Faith, recently received two national awards. In the photo he is pictured on the left with his coach, Ryan Long. Read More