2014 Alumnus of the Year Awards
The 2014 Faith Alumnus of the Year awards will go to a male and female layperson. A layperson is any alumnus who has spent the majority of his or her life as a homemaker or employed in a secular field (i.e., not in vocational ministry or retired from it).
To be eligible for this award, the alumnus must
• have graduated at least 10 years prior to the year of the award
• have made a substantial contribution to his or her profession
• demonstrate high Christian standards and integrity
• evidence the blessing of the Lord on his or her life
• faithfully promote the college and seminary and support the Alumni Association
• be a person whose selection will reflect honor on the school
Previous recipients of this award were
Ron Hlad (1975)
Chuck Nilius (1981)
Larry Laird (1987)
Bruno Smith (1993)
Jim Wolfe (2000)
Jim Bryan (2007)
If you are an alumnus of Faith, we invite you to submit nominations for this year's awards. Because of the large number of Faith alumni who are in this category, we have not prepared a list of possible nominees. Your nominations do not need to be a husband and wife. Please submit your nominations by Tuesday, April 15. These awards will be presented at the Faith graduation service on Friday, May 9.
Thank you for helping us recognize Faith alumni who are outstanding lay workers.
Walton Lecture SeriesApril 23-25
Dr. Roy Beacham from Central Baptist Theological Seminary will present this year's Walton Lecture Series on the topic of "Those Pesky Prophets: Toward a Clearer Understanding of Old Testament Prophecy."
Commencement ServicesMay 8, 9
Join graduates, family, and friends for our special Commencement events.