George G. Houghton
George G. Houghton, Th.D.
Adjunct Faculty:Historical Studies
Dr. George Houghton has played a leading role at Faith for more than 35 years. He has served as a faculty member, the academic dean, and the vice president for academic services. He now teaches in an adjunct role in the college and seminary. His specialty is church history and historical theology. His courses in Church History, Contemporary Christianity, and History of Baptist Faith and Practice help students understand and appreciate our fundamental Baptist heritage. Dr. Houghton and his wife, Karen, live in Ankeny and are active members of Urbandale Baptist Church in Urbandale.
• B.A., Bethel College
• B.D., Central Baptist Theological Seminary
• Th.M. and Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary
• Faculty, Dallas Theological Seminary
• Faculty, Faith Baptist Bible College
• Academic Dean and Vice President for Academic Services, Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary
• Adjunct Faculty, Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary
Church History I & II
History of Baptist Faith and Practice
Contact Dr. Houghton to learn more about the church history and historical theology offerings at Faith.
Chorale TourMarch 7–16
Attend one of the Chorale’s spring concerts in Illinois and Michigan.
Scholarship WeekendMarch 20–22
Seniors who have applied to Faith can interview for valuable scholarships.
Faith Pulpit DayMarch 31
Speakers this year will address the topic of the Family in Modern Culture.
Youth ConferenceApril 17–19
Pastor David Tebbenkamp will challenge teens to live Unashamed.