George G. Houghton
George G. Houghton, Th.D.
Adjunct Faculty:Historical Studies
Dr. George Houghton has played a leading role at Faith for more than 35 years. He has served as a faculty member, the academic dean, and the vice president for academic services. He now teaches in an adjunct role in the college and seminary. His specialty is church history and historical theology. His courses in Church History, Contemporary Christianity, and History of Baptist Faith and Practice help students understand and appreciate our fundamental Baptist heritage. Dr. Houghton and his wife, Karen, live in Ankeny and are active members of Urbandale Baptist Church in Urbandale.
• B.A., Bethel College
• B.D., Central Baptist Theological Seminary
• Th.M. and Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary
• Faculty, Dallas Theological Seminary
• Faculty, Faith Baptist Bible College
• Academic Dean and Vice President for Academic Services, Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary
• Adjunct Faculty, Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary
Church History I & II
History of Baptist Faith and Practice
Contact Dr. Houghton to learn more about the church history and historical theology offerings at Faith.
Festival of CarolsDecember 4, 5
Begin your Christmas celebration by joining us for an evening of music that exalts our Savior.
Refresh ConferenceFebruary 9–12
A specialized conference for pastors and wives to refresh you in your ministry
Scholarship WeekendMarch 17–19
High School seniors: spend a weekend at Faith interviewing for scholarships.
Student Leadership SummitApril 14–16
Hear Carl Kerby and Dr.Jonathan Sarfati address the theme of Creation: The Great Debate.