Secondary English Education
964.0601 ext. 261
Mr. Horner had 20 years experience as a teacher and administrator in Christian schools before coming to Faith in 2001. He has a strong background in English and literature and directs the secondary English education program at Faith. Mr. Horner also leads the Writing Improvement Program, which assists all students in improving their writing skills. Mr. Horner lives in Ankeny and is an active member of Urbandale Baptist Church in Urbandale.
• B.A. from University of Toledo
• Graduate work at Michigan State University
• Education certificate from University of Toledo
• M.A. from Oakland University
• Administrator, Springfield Christian Academy, Clarkston, Michigan
• Teacher, Wixom Christian School, Wixom, Michigan
• Adjunct Faculty, Baker College
• Administrator, Oxford Christian Academy, Oxford, Michigan
• Faculty, Faith Baptist Bible College
Advanced Grammar and Linguistics
Praxis: Theory to Practice
Secondary Methods and Materials
Student Teaching Supervision
Teaching Secondary Bible
Teaching Secondary English/Language Arts
Contact Mr. Horner about Faith's secondary English education program.
Mrs. Lynn McCool joined the Faith faculty in 2012 after many year's experience teaching on the high school level. Her Master's degree from Iowa State University is in Rhetoric, Compositon, and Professional Communication, which ideally suits her for her teaching role at Faith. She plans to start a doctoral program in the near future. She and her husband are active members at Maranatha Baptist Church in Grimes, Iowa.
• B.S., Cedarville University
• M.A., Iowa State University
• English Educator, Des Moines Christian School, Urbandale, Iowa
• Teaching Assistant, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
• Adjunct faulty, Faith Baptist Bible College
• Adjunct Professor, Patrick Henry College, Purcellville, Virginia
• Introduction to Communications
Mrs. McFarling came to Faith in 1984, having taught in both public and Christian high schools. She is a credentialed and experienced teacher of office skills who emphasizes the ministry aspect of the administrative assistant. She keeps current with the latest office software, which means students in this program graduate with highly marketable skills. Mrs. McFarling lives in Ankeny and is an active member of Community Baptist Church.
• B.S., Northeast Missouri State University
• M.A., Northeast Missouri State University
• Instructor, Hedrick High School, Hedrick, Iowa
• Instructor, Cardinal High School, Eldon, Iowa
• Instructor, Grandview Park Baptist School, Des Moines, Iowa
• Faculty, Faith Baptist Bible College
Accounting I and II
Advanced Computer Applications
Office Administration Internship
Office Administration Seminar
Contact Mrs. McFarling for more information about Faith's Administrative Assistant program.
Chair, Office Administration Department
964.0601 ext. 212
Spring Chorale TourMarch 6–15
Attend one of the Chorale's concerts in Illinois, Indiana, and Missouri.
Spring Chorale ConcertMarch 20
Join us on the Faith campus for the annual spring Chorale concert.
Scholarship WeekendMarch 19-21
For seniors who have applied to Faith. Get to know Faith personnel and interview for substantial scholarships.
Faith Pulpit DayMarch 30
This year's Faith Pulpit Day will focus on exposition in theology, preaching, and counseling.
Spring Instrumental ConcertApril 10
Join us for a concert of sacred and classical music presented by the Faith Community Orchestra and Handbells.
Student Leadership SummitApril 16-18
Evangelist Will Galkin and Dr. Paul Hartog will help teens confront their culture rather than conform to it.
Chorale Concert at IRBCApril 18
The Chorale will present a special concert at the Iowa Regular Baptist Camp for people in northern Iowa and southern Minnesota.
Commencement WeekendMay 7, 8
Find a full schedule of the 2015 commencement weekend events.