Paul A. Hartog
Vice President for Academic Service and Dean of the College
964.0601 ext. 260
Dr. Paul Hartog is one of those unusual professors who is both a nationally recognized scholar and a local church practitioner. Dr. Paul is regarded as an authority in the field of early church history and has published numerous articles and a major book. He also is involved in local church ministry as a youth pastor. Students appreciate how Dr. Paul brings a thorough Biblical perspective to his history, ethics, and philosophy classes. Dr. Hartog and his family live in Des Moines and are active members of Maranatha Baptist Church in Grimes, Iowa.
• Calvary Bible College
• B.A., Faith Baptist Bible College
• M.A. and M.Div., Faith Baptist Theological Seminary
• Certificate of Christian Apologetics, Biola University
• Certificate of Worship Studies, Webber Institute for Worship Studies
• Certificate of Nonprofit Management.
• M.A., Iowa State University
• Th.M., St. Andrew's Theological College
• Ph.D., Loyola University Chicago
Teaching and Ministry Experience
• Assistant Pastor, Slater Baptist Church, Slater, Iowa
• Research Assistant, Loyola University Chicago
• Reference Assistant and Library Instructor, Cudahy Library, Chicago
• Teaching Fellow and Lecturer, Loyola University Chicago
• Assistant to the Director, Center for Christianity and Culture, Chicago
• Associate Pastor, Bible Baptist Church, Romeoville, Illinois
• Assistant Pastor, Maranatha Baptist Church, Grimes, Iowa
• Faculty, Faith Baptist Bible College
• Adjunct Faculty, Faith Baptist Theological Seminary
New Testament Seminar
Contact Dr. Hartog for more information about the New Testament courses at Faith.
Chorale TourMarch 7–16
Attend one of the Chorale’s spring concerts in Illinois and Michigan.
Scholarship WeekendMarch 20–22
Seniors who have applied to Faith can interview for valuable scholarships.
Faith Pulpit DayMarch 31
Speakers this year will address the topic of the Family in Modern Culture.
Youth ConferenceApril 17–19
Pastor David Tebbenkamp will challenge teens to live Unashamed.