R. Irving Van Hooser
Chair, Music Ministries Department
964.0601 ext. 248
Dr. Van Hooser has devoted his life to vocal and choral music. He combines a strong academic background with extensive ministry experience to enable him to lead Faith's Music Ministries Department with excellence. Dr. Van Hooser directs the Faith Chorale, leads the annual Chorale tour, and periodically plans an extended European tour. As department chair, he also oversees the Music Education programs. Dr. Van Hooser and his family are active members of Grandview Park Baptist Church in Des Moines.
• B.S.M., Baptist Bible College of Pennsylvania
• B.S., Bob Jones University
• M.A., Bob Jones University
• Post-graduate work in choral conducting and methods, Westminster Choir College
• Eastman School of Music
• D.M.A., University of Cincinnati, College Conservatory of Music
• Graduate assistant, Bob Jones University
• Choral Director/Performer, The Proclaimers, Inc.,
• Instructor, Appalachian Bible College, Bradley, West Virginia,
• Part-time Minister of Music, Bible Center Church, Charleston, West Virginia
• Part-time Minister of Music, Daniels Bible Church, Daniels, West Virginia
• Full-time Minister of Music, South Baptist Church, Flint, Michigan
• Associate Professor, Baptist Bible College of Pennsylvania
• Part-time Minister of Music, Heritage Baptist Church, Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
• Part-time Minister of Music, Forestville Baptist Church, Cincinnati, Ohio
• Faculty, Faith Baptist Bible College
Music and Worship
Sacred Choral Literature
Contact Dr. Van Hooser to learn more about the Music Ministries Department at Faith.
Faith Chorale Spring ConcertMarch 17
The Faith Chorale will present its annual spring concert March 17 at 7:00 pm. This concert will be held in the Nettleton Center.
Spring Alumni Dessert FellowshipMarch 27, 7 pm
Join us for a time of fellowship with old classmates, and hear what's new at Faith.
Instrumental Spring ConcertApril 7
The Faith Instrumental Ensembles will present their annual spring concert April 7 at 7:00 p.m. This concert will be held in the Nettleton Center.