R. Irving Van Hooser
Chair, Music Ministries Department
964.0601 ext. 248
Dr. Van Hooser has devoted his life to vocal and choral music. He combines a strong academic background with extensive ministry experience to enable him to lead Faith's Music Ministries Department with excellence. Dr. Van Hooser directs the Faith Chorale, leads the annual Chorale tour, and periodically plans an extended European tour. As department chair, he also oversees the Music Education programs. Dr. Van Hooser and his family are active members of Grandview Park Baptist Church in Des Moines.
• B.S.M., Baptist Bible College of Pennsylvania
• B.S., Bob Jones University
• M.A., Bob Jones University
• Post-graduate work in choral conducting and methods, Westminster Choir College
• Eastman School of Music
• D.M.A., University of Cincinnati, College Conservatory of Music
• Graduate assistant, Bob Jones University
• Choral Director/Performer, The Proclaimers, Inc.,
• Instructor, Appalachian Bible College, Bradley, West Virginia,
• Part-time Minister of Music, Bible Center Church, Charleston, West Virginia
• Part-time Minister of Music, Daniels Bible Church, Daniels, West Virginia
• Full-time Minister of Music, South Baptist Church, Flint, Michigan
• Associate Professor, Baptist Bible College of Pennsylvania
• Part-time Minister of Music, Heritage Baptist Church, Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
• Part-time Minister of Music, Forestville Baptist Church, Cincinnati, Ohio
• Faculty, Faith Baptist Bible College
Music and Worship
Sacred Choral Literature
Contact Dr. Van Hooser to learn more about the Music Ministries Department at Faith.
Ministry in Focus WeekendFebruary 5-7, 2015
Are you considering full-time ministry? Join us for this special weekend to talk to pastors and missionaries and learn more about ministry.
Scholarship WeekendMarch 19-21, 2015
For seniors who have applied to Faith. Get to know Faith personnel and interview for substantial scholarships.
Student Leadership SummitApril 16-18, 2015
Evangelist Will Galkin and Dr. Paul Hartog will help teens confront their culture rather than conform to it.