David G. Horner
Secondary English Education
964.0601, ext. 261
Mr. Horner had 20 years experience as a teacher and administrator in Christian schools before coming to Faith in 2001. He has a strong background in English and literature and directs the secondary English education program at Faith. Mr. Horner also leads the Writing Improvement Program, which assists all students in improving their writing skills. Mr. Horner lives in Ankeny and is an active member of Urbandale Baptist Church in Urbandale.
• B.A. from University of Toledo
• Graduate work at Michigan State University
• Education certificate from University of Toledo
• M.A. from Oakland University
• Administrator, Springfield Christian Academy, Clarkston, Michigan
• Teacher, Wixom Christian School, Wixom, Michigan
• Adjunct Faculty, Baker College
• Administrator, Oxford Christian Academy, Oxford, Michigan
• Faculty, Faith Baptist Bible College
Advanced Grammar and Linguistics
Praxis: Theory to Practice
Secondary Methods and Materials
Student Teaching Supervision
Teaching Secondary English/Language Arts
Introduction to Literature
Middle School Curriculum and Development
Contact Mr. Horner about Faith's secondary English education program.
Faith Pulpit DayMarch 30
This year's Faith Pulpit Day will focus on exposition in theology, preaching, and counseling.
Faith Missions ConferenceMarch 30-April 3
Finish My Work is the theme of this year's Missions Conference.
Spring Instrumental ConcertApril 10
Join us for a concert of sacred and classical music presented by the Faith Community Orchestra and Handbells.
Student Leadership SummitApril 16-18
Evangelist Will Galkin and Dr. Paul Hartog will help teens confront their culture rather than conform to it.
Chorale Concert at IRBCApril 18
The Chorale will present a special concert at the Iowa Regular Baptist Camp for people in northern Iowa and southern Minnesota.
Commencement WeekendMay 7, 8
Find a full schedule of the 2015 commencement weekend events.