David G. Horner
Secondary English Education
964.0601 ext. 261
Mr. Horner had 20 years experience as a teacher and administrator in Christian schools before coming to Faith in 2001. He has a strong background in English and literature and directs the secondary English education program at Faith. Mr. Horner also leads the Writing Improvement Program, which assists all students in improving their writing skills. Mr. Horner lives in Ankeny and is an active member of Urbandale Baptist Church in Urbandale.
• B.A. from University of Toledo
• Graduate work at Michigan State University
• Education certificate from University of Toledo
• M.A. from Oakland University
• Administrator, Springfield Christian Academy, Clarkston, Michigan
• Teacher, Wixom Christian School, Wixom, Michigan
• Adjunct Faculty, Baker College
• Administrator, Oxford Christian Academy, Oxford, Michigan
• Faculty, Faith Baptist Bible College
Advanced Grammar and Linguistics
Praxis: Theory to Practice
Secondary Methods and Materials
Student Teaching Supervision
Teaching Secondary Bible
Teaching Secondary English/Language Arts
Contact Mr. Horner about Faith's secondary English education program.
Youth ConferenceApril 17–19
Pastor David Tebbenkamp will challenge teens to live Unashamed.
Walton Lecture SeriesApril 23-25
Dr. Roy Beacham from Central Baptist Theological Seminary will present this year's Walton Lecture Series on the topic of "Those Pesky Prophets: Toward a Clearer Understanding of Old Testament Prophecy."
Commencement ServicesMay 8, 9
Join graduates, family, and friends for our special Commencement events.