David G. Horner
Secondary English Education
964.0601, ext. 261
Mr. Horner had 20 years experience as a teacher and administrator in Christian schools before coming to Faith in 2001. He has a strong background in English and literature and directs the secondary English education program at Faith. Mr. Horner also leads the Writing Improvement Program, which assists all students in improving their writing skills. Mr. Horner lives in Ankeny and is an active member of Urbandale Baptist Church in Urbandale.
• B.A. from University of Toledo
• Graduate work at Michigan State University
• Education certificate from University of Toledo
• M.A. from Oakland University
• Administrator, Springfield Christian Academy, Clarkston, Michigan
• Teacher, Wixom Christian School, Wixom, Michigan
• Adjunct Faculty, Baker College
• Administrator, Oxford Christian Academy, Oxford, Michigan
• Faculty, Faith Baptist Bible College
Advanced Grammar and Linguistics
Praxis: Theory to Practice
Secondary Methods and Materials
Student Teaching Supervision
Teaching Secondary English/Language Arts
Introduction to Literature
Middle School Curriculum and Development
Contact Mr. Horner about Faith's secondary English education program.
Commencement Weekend Recap
Read about all the commencement weekend events and the alumnus of the year awards.
Jump StartJune 15–19
High schoolers can get a jump start on their college education by taking a class at Faith.
Faith Reception at the GARBC ConferenceJuly 2
Meet President Tillotson at this year's Faith Reception at the GARBC Conference in Omaha.
Faith Hosts BCP and CBM Conferences
Faith will host the BCP and CBM Conferences in July.