Philosophy of Education
Faith Baptist Bible College recognizes truth as absolute. Through the educational process the faculty recognizes its responsibility as Christian leaders, under the ministry of the Holy Spirit, both to impart truth and to train students to discover truth. The recognition of truth involves proper rational processes based upon valid presuppositions. It occurs when the natural world is studied as God's creation and when Scripture is studied as God's revelation to the human race, setting forth truths that mankind would not otherwise discover.
The faculty recognizes its responsibility to help students make necessary personal life adjustments in properly relating themselves and their lives to those truths so discovered. Ultimately, it is the Holy Spirit Who must impart spiritual truth to a student. Thus, the educational process should be a living, vital experience leading to the establishment and realization of valid goals.
The educational process should help students develop specific skills that enable them to enter a particular calling or ministry in life under God's direction.
Because of our mission, goals, purposes, and philosophy of education, Faith Baptist Bible College seeks to be characterized by
1. Faculty who are highly qualified in their respective academic disciplines, who have an unswerving commitment to the doctrinal and positional convictions of the institution, and who excel in their passion and dedication to their teaching ministries as a part of preparing people for effective Christian ministry.
2. An institutional commitment to a Bible college philosophy of education which strives to
a. prepare students for Christian ministry;
b. recognize the importance of Biblical and theological training and doctrinal convictions;
c. emulate a heart and passion for the Lord and for ministry; and
d. encourage faculty members to serve as role models to their students in life and in their respective areas of study.
3. Challenging instruction which promotes learning and provides opportunities for research along with appropriate resource support.
4. Curricular offerings which provide the means for preparing people for effective Christian ministry. These offerings will include specialized ministry education programs and courses in a variety of areas, as well as structured opportunities to learn through observation and practice.
5. Graduates who have basic competencies in Biblical/theological knowledge; who have the social graces and the spiritual and character qualifications for Christian leaders; who have an understanding of and appreciation for the world in which they live; who are able to communicate effectively; and who are committed to ministry goals, high academic standards, developed ministry skills, life-long learning, and above all faithfulness to Christ.
Alumni and Friends DinnerFriday, August 5
This free dinner will be sponsored by our Faith partner GuidOne Insurance.
Big events planned for the 2016 Homecoming! Make plans now to return and be a part.
Faith Classic Golf TournamentFriday, September 16
Calling all golfers! Play a round of golf on a premier course and help raise money for Faith scholarships.
FaithFestSaturday, September 24
Bring your teens to this premier youth event. Lots of fun activities with an evangelistic emphasis.